Appellate attorneys provide critical assistance to trial lawyers
The attorneys of Kynes, Markman & Felman provide litigation support to attorneys involved in important civil litigation before, during and after trial. The firm’s appellate attorneys team with trial counsel to protect the client’s interest and offer insights and strategies to maximize results, avoid legal pitfalls, and ensure that any harmful errors made by the trial court are preserved for appellate review.
Each of the firm’s partners has served as a judicial law clerk, and each offers unique and important insights into state and federal trial court issues. Trial counsel benefit from the firm’s varied and exceptional experience as well as its attention to the core facts and key legal issues. The result is a careful protection of the client’s interests from pretrial to posttrial in connection with preserving and developing potential appellate issues as well as providing the best in written and oral advocacy at any stage of the trial proceedings, including posttrial.
The firm accepts a wide range of civil litigation cases, including those involving:
- Personal injury
- Commercial and business litigation
- Medical malpractice
- Products liability
- Class actions
- Tort claims
- Contract disputes
- Family law
- Insurance disputes
- Construction defects
- Corporate law
- Employment law
- Environmental matters
- Professional liability
- Trust matters
- Probate disputes
- Recognized as part of a team that secured one of the Top 10 Verdicts in Florida for 2022, obtaining a judgment of over $68 million in medical malpractice case involving catastrophic injury.
- Mr. Markman has been named by Best Lawyers in America as the 2019 Tampa “Lawyer of the Year for Appellate Practice.” He has for many years been listed in Best Lawyers in America for appellate law, commercial litigation, “bet-the-company” litigation, and white-collar criminal defense. Mr. Markman is also listed in Florida Super Lawyers for appellate practice, and named him as one of “The Top 100” Lawyers in Florida from 2009-2018 and one of “The Top 50” Lawyers in Tampa Bay from 2013-2018, 2020. He is listed in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite for appellate practice, and has been inducted into the Legal Elite’s Hall of Fame.
- Ms. Norse is listed in Best Lawyers in America for appellate practice. She is also named in Florida Super Lawyers for appellate practice, and has been named as one of “The Top 50 Women Lawyers in Florida,” one of “The Top 50” Lawyers in Tampa Bay, and one of “The Top 100” Lawyers in Florida. She is listed in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite for appellate practice.
- Mr. Breslow is listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch and Florida Super Lawyers Risings Stars for appellate practice.
- Kynes, Markman & Felman, P.A., has been named as a Best Law Firm in Tampa by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers, the leading survey of lawyers worldwide. Most recently, the firm has once again been recognized as a Top Tier Law Firm for appellate practice and commercial litigation.
- The firm is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating available, and is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
Contact Mr. Markman, Ms. Norse, or Mr. Breslow to discuss your legal needs by calling 813-229-1118 or 800-584-3375.